Ember™ can be included in your electromigration flow as easily as this (Ember™-specific parts are in bold):
- Calibrate Ember™'s technology file to your foundry's rms current density rules (one time).
- Extract the netlist with detailed parasitics into the standard spef format.
- Compute rms current on the spef resistors using your preferred EMR methodology and annotate the values on the spef resistors,
- Compute dc current in the devices and annotate the spef device terminals with the values (Ember™ will perform dc current analysis on the interconnect network), or
- Provide Ember™'s heuristic rms current analysis method with clock frequency and optional activity factors for each net.
- Run Ember™ with the spef file as input.
- Ember™ iterates until coupled interconnect temperatures have converged, then returns average and maximum temperatures on each resistor.